I have noticed that sometimes the wandering of the mind can be negative and I will miss a fish or two and then at times the opposite is true where I find my mind wandering to thinking like a fish. Weird I know but, it has brought a whole new meaning for fly fishing for me. It is giving me ideas in what to do with certain people that I work with.
Actually, I had a pretty interesting experience when I caught this fish today:
I caught this fish in a place that I had fished more than once and even guided a few people on. I had never caught a fish here before. As I left the house this afternoon I told Andrea that I was going to catch a fish here or die trying. Well, after fishing the spot for about an hour or so I finally caught this rainbow. The experience taught me that sometimes you have to go out with a goal that seems huge and then work long enough and hard enough that it finally ends up like you want it to. I didn't stick around too long after catching the fish but, I did go away thinking that I could catch more next time.So, lesson learned, stick to it and make a goal to accomplish something difficult and don't give up until you accomplish it!
Fish On!



2 comments:
Good lesson for the day Scott, although I don't think I will be fly fishing anytime soon!!
So, your mind wanders a bit when you fly fish. Isn't that the main reason we do this -- to be able to think about whatever!!
Great job with both the fish and learning that going out with confidence is important in whatever we do.
Love you bud. Fish on!!
Post a Comment