

So, Scott took the day off today and went fishing to clear his mind. The fishing was slow and he decided that it was a great idea to spend Family Home Evening fishing on a nearby creek. Andrea got waders last year and hadn't gotten them wet yet so, she did tonight. After a brief demonstration of how to catch a fish with her fly rod, away Scott went to catch fish further upstream. A few minutes later Scott had a fish on his line and looked downstream and so did Andrea. So, pretty much what we are saying is that Andrea has been inducted into the Peterson Family Fly Fishing Hall of Fame. Little did we know that Allie would join the same day. After catching her Tiger Trout Andrea handed the rod over to Allie for some supervised instruction (since she was now a certified professional Fly fisher!). A few minutes later Allie had a fish on. She caught a Tiger Trout as well however, she wasn't able to land it in the net. She was so excited. Scott was one of the proudest he has ever been watching and helping his girls catch fish and enjoy learning to be "fishers of men" as that was the topic of discussion for Family Home Evening. Enjoy the pictures!



4 comments:
So cute! I have never caught a fish and it isn't even on my list of things to do before I die but never-the-less I am impressed. Congrats!
WOW! Good work. I am really impressed with Allie. I guess I will have to send Zane down. He is totally obsessed with fishing. He has only caught them at stocked ponds, so I guess we can't induct him into the Hall of Fame. Something to aspire to.
So did you all feast on the fish of life for dinner?
Wow! I am so impressed! I can see the prideful papa now. :) Nicely done ladies.
Funny . . . I bought a fishing license about six months ago thinking that I would be in the Peterson Fly Fishing Hall of Fame too. However, I haven't touched a fishing rod.
Post a Comment