Monday, May 19, 2008

Fishing for FHE



















Tonight for Family Home Evening we went fishing at a local stream. Scotty has been working a lot of extra hours lately so it was nice to have him home for an evening. Yesterday Scott woke up at 8:15 and came in the front room where I was and was freaking out because it was 8:15. I asked him if he had presidency meeting he said no and just said it's 8:15. I looked at him and said yeah... then he frantically said "I'm late for work!" I calmly told him that it was Sunday. I told him you know you've been working too much when you can't even remember what day it is anymore. Anyway, when we got to the creek Mike (the guy Scott guides for) was there with three of his kids, one who is Allie's age. They were excited to see each other. After we were done fishing, Scott started a fire and we roasted marshmallows and had S'mores. Before we started the fire Elena kept asking what the fire camp was. It was really cute to see them expereince something new. Elena preferred her marshmallows "plain white" instead of brown, Allie enjoyed the middle of the toasted marshmallow and Scott and I enjoyed the whole thing. It was a fun family night.

3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

What a great family night. You are both such cute parents and I am glad that Scott got some quality time with the family.

Kaylyn said...

Fun!!!! I want to go fishing for family night too!

Megan said...

You guys truly are incredible parents. I LOVE that third picture of Allie reeling in her fish. What a great stance! She looks professional. I wish I could hear Elena say "fire camp." That's so cute!