Thursday, May 17, 2007

Car Trouble

I haven't driven my car for the last two days because I figured we might want to have the local shop check it out first. But, today Scott had the Explorer and I needed to take Allie to school so I drove my car. At first it was fine. Allie arrived at school and I went to the post office. After I picked up my mail, when I tried to start my car, I couldn't get it to start. I also couldn't get the key out of the ignition. So I called the shop I was going to take it to anyway and one of the owners (also the YM pres in our ward) came to help me out. The car has to be towed, but he was able to get the key out. The only other issue was that I had opened the sun roof, which can only be closed if the car is on, and there are dark clouds outside and I can hear thunder (which means I probably shouldn't even be on the computer). So he was going to try and do something to be able to close the sun roof.

He brought Elena and I home, which Elena did not like one bit. She was crying and screaming because we took the car seats out of the car. She was also upset about leaving the car at the Post Office. I told her Daddy's friend was going to fix it, but she wanted her Daddy to fix it. I told her he couldn't and she finally calmed down. I called the sheriff's office and they said to make a copy of the bill for them after the car is fixed. So hopefully somebody else will pay for the damage besides us.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Ugh! I hate car drama, it is the worst! I am glad the kids didn't get away with your car, it does add some excitement for sure though! The girls are so cute, and getting so big! Thanks for sharing your blog, I will have to check back once in awhile! :)