Friday, February 22, 2008

One of the Coolest Projects I Have Ever Started

Well, this last week I (Scott) have started something that I never thought I would ever do. I started training a horse. As part of my career I have been asked to train a recently donated horse at the Ranch.
So, here are a few early pictures of the horse I am training. His name, after much deliberation and thought is Parches Regios. I call him Parches for short. His name, translated, is Royal Patches. Here are a couple of pictures of him:

Parches is the one in the front in this picture.

I will most likely be talking a lot about how training this 3 year old Paint in the next little while. I have already learned a lot of things from him. Like patience and persistence for instance. I'll write more about this later. How he got his name is a story in and of itself.

2 comments:

Justin said...

To be honest, we had to look up both those words in the Spanish dictionary to figure out if that was really Spanish or not. Thanks for the Spanish lesson for the night.

La said...

I want to hear the story behind the name. Very cool that you get to train a horse. What a challenge. You are becoming a regular Jim, I mean cowboy.