Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Songs about Life


I had an interesting thought come to mind at work last night. I was working with a team of kids at the Ranch and I heard a song come over the radio in the barn. I can't remember what song was playing but, as I heard the song I had a flood of memories run through my mind. The memories were of a relationship that I had with someone that was described in that song.

So, I decided to look at my list of tunes at home and think about the relationships that I have with people and which songs on my playlist that depict those relationships.

If you were to look at the songs in your own collection that would describe you relationships what are they?

As I look at the screen in front of me I find my mind wandering to the hundreds of people I know and how songs and lyrics keep popping into my head.

Just a thought, why do we sometimes struggle putting things to words and later find that lyrics written by who knows who describe our innermost thoughts and feelings?


Here is my list for my own family:

Andrea-Unexpected Love- Lyrics and Music written by Humma Jeeba (Dave and Dan Petersen with my input!)

Allie-Brown Eyed Girl-Van Morrison and Stealing Cinderella-Chuck Wicks.

Elena-Daughters-John Mayer and Stealing Cinderella-Chuck Wicks.


I am interested in know what songs you think about as you read this...what song best describes us from your perspective.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

Scotty, I would like to know what song you think of when you think of me :). But I completely agree, I can compare any song that I hear to someone in my life because I love song lyrics. Thanks for the sweet post!