Friday, February 22, 2008

New One in the Making!

So, we today was a day we've been looking forward to for quite some time. Today, we found out what our next child is going to be and:




Yep, we are having a boy. We were trying to figure out a fun way to let everyone know and we figure that by you seeing "BOY PARTS!!!!!" would be sufficient.

As for Allie and Elena, they are very excited and got to watch the ultrasound. Andrea was all smiles and I was fascinated by the fact that there are machines that can look through skin and tissue to let us know that we have a son coming soon. It makes it rather real.

Both on the way to Richfield as well as on the return trip Andrea and I talked about names. Here are a few of the options we came up with:

Right now the one that we both like is Sage Andrew. We will see if it sticks for the rest of the time. There is a history behind both names. Andrew of course is my middle name and that of my Grandfather as well as the male version of Andrea. Sage refers to a fly-rod maker. And since fly-fishing is such a large part of many positive relationships I have in my life, especially with Papa, we think it is noteworthy and Sage makes some beautiful fly-rods! I am sure that Sage will be beautiful as well.

Here are some more pictures from the ultrasound for your viewing pleasure:




8 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Congrats! I bet it is so exciting to know that you will have a boy after having two girls (I have two boys and can't imaging my excitment if I ever get a girl).

Justin said...

We have been sitting in anxious silence all night waiting for the pictures and updates on your little boy. We are SO excited for you guys. CONGRATULATIONS!

La said...

WOW!!! That is great. A little Scotty. Cute. I am excited for you guys. I am sure that Sage (and I love that name) will be a great fisherman.

Kaylyn said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys to have a little boy!!! I like the pictures of the little one :)

Megan said...

Hooray! Whenever I see an ultrasound, I think, "Gees, it looks really cramped in there." I hope he has enough room:)

Alice said...

Yahoo! Congrats on the little boy. Very exciting.

Leslie said...

congrats on your new addition. i hope all goes well and that you both stay healthy.

Elizabeth said...

Hey you crazy people! This is Wizzy and since I am an avid blogger myself, I ended up coming across your blog last night in a random turn of events. So cool to catch up and hear all the latest! I will be sure to forward your sight on to Katie. Congrats on the newest edition! Last one I met was Ali and she was like four weeks old! I can't believe it has been that long! WOW! Anyway...this is long enough. Feel free to stop by our blog, we have a little one as well, Patrick and he will be one on the 17th of March! It was fun to catch up on you!

Wizzy (Edwards) Heersink